- You can do this – No one knows how this is supposed to be done. Throw out the rules, the shoulds, and the expectations. Go in. Listen. What does your voice sound like?
- Your body knows what it’s doing – Your body has a helluva lot to tell you. Maybe you’ve spent a lot of your life overriding it and ignoring the conversation. Now is the time to acknowledge that this beautiful body of yours, in whatever state you find it in, wants to be your partner on this journey.
- I love you – Whether that voice is yours, mine, a lover’s, a treasured friend, consider that it’s true. The birthing process flows when there are threads of love woven through it.
- I’m not going anywhere – Resist the attempt to flee from the unknown. If you are blessed with a tribe, be it one, two, or eight, ask for what you need. Sometimes we need to hear from ourselves and others that we are being held in the process. And yes, we can do that for ourselves.
- And finally…..you, are a rock star
*Gathered from a conversation with my beautiful daughter-in-law, Erin Pesut. Follow her on twitter @erinzp